Peduncle

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I keep coming across this word in fish descriptions. I means a stalk-like narrowing, usually on a living thing. On a fish, it's the narrow spot right in front of the tail: The caudal peduncle. It's fun to say. Try it. Peduncle, peduncle, peduncle. I urge you all to find ways to incorporate this word into normal conversation.

Discuss.

Peduncle.

Pooter!

Not being rude. Although I hear it means something different over there! It's actually a very important piece of scientific equipment. And the word is also very fun to say. Try it!

I re-discovered the word yesterday when @Slaphppy7 made a thread showing off the terrifying and very likely alien creatures living in his backyard. At first, not suspecting aliens, I mistook them for some sort of arachnid or bug, and remembered seeing a device that those crazy bug people were using to collect specimens in the wild, and that it's called a pooter!

You can also learn how to make your own pooter at home! :D I linked a video in @Slaphppy7's thread, so anyone can find it here if they'd like to collect creepy crawlies from the wild. (or can go and have a look at the alien footage. If you're into that sorta thing).

Yes ive loved that word ever since i discovered it :rofl:

Peduncle.....sounds like someone's uncle who runs to the nearest lake and hijacks a pedalo

That man has pedunculated ideas.

There's a perverse edge to the word, given how some evil uncles are. Adipose is better.

Most reactions

Back