peas for betta???

well fish need to eat a diet of all kinds of different foods so yes it is good for them, only if they are cooked, and unshelled

Here's what I did. I put the peas (I used 3 but with one fish you may only need one) in a mug of water, then nuked it for a couple of minutes. I might nuke it longer next time. Then drain the water, add cold water to cool the pea and let it sit until it's not hot anymore. Then I slipped off the skin and used a spoon to sort of chop it up a little. My fish literally attacked it. (I don't have any bettas though).

Peas can help keep the Betta (or other fish) from getting constipated. I've never cooked the peas before I fed 'em - I just took the shell off, squished the insides in my fingers, and put it in the tank. Never had any problems and the fish love 'em!

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

Are all types of peas ok?

Black eyed pea, sweet pea etc...
Also what about beans?

I like trying new things and I am sure my fish would love it :drool: (4 black skirts and 10 tiger barbs, 2 different tanks)...

Thanks,

Stevie

Don't use canned peas..they contain sodium. Use frozen peas, and cook them.

i just normally nuke mine till its defrosted take the shell off and cut it with a knife into itty bitty pieces... like the size of an hbh pellet... yes i know... im insane :fun: :whistle: B) :rofl: :dunno: :shifty:

I give mine half a pea each and just throw it in there, they like to swim around with it in their mouths, hunt it and tear it to shreds! :nod:

Most reactions

Back