Peacock Eels

angiem5021

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a few questions about peacock eels. Are peacock eels compatible with angelfish, swordtails, a betta, a cory cat, and guppies? Would they be okay with regular gravel, or would I have to change the gravel for something else? Thanks! ;)

I'm afraid not, as chances are, it will eat your fish. What size is your aquarium?
Which fish would it eat? I have two 55 gallon tanks, and could move those fish into the other aquarium if I can. If not, what eels would be compatible with these fish? Would the regular gravel be okay for the eel if I got it?

I think it might eat your guppies when its fully grown, the angels will be fine. not too sure about the sword tail. if your corys are small they might get eaten too.

i think a sandy substrate would be more suitable than gravel, unless its very fine smooth gravel.

Sand is recommended, but I have my peacock eels in gravel and they have been fine. They are very peaceful fish, that can be kept with any fish that are large enough to not fit in its mouth. I have some skunk corys in the tank and they have been fine, anything smaller than that may become food.

Most reactions

Back