Pea Puffers And Feeding

Metta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just me again,

I’m feeding my new puffers frozen bloodworm, defrosted in a dish then fed into tank till they’re bellys look full once a day. There eating everything i give them I do have daphnia too but not tried that yet.

My question is is it best to like wash the worms first? As the stuff there frozen in seems to leave like a residue in the water? I’m defrosting one cube feeding and putting rest in fridge for the next two days. But I feel the stuff that comes of them whatever there frozen in may effect the water etc?

Any advice for feeding these would be great. Have a photo for inspiration! PS I absolutely love these guys!

Attachments

• 96350B3E-C5DF-4BCB-8378-C37BEF85D2B7.jpeg
    96350B3E-C5DF-4BCB-8378-C37BEF85D2B7.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 33
Just me again,

I’m feeding my new puffers frozen bloodworm, defrosted in a dish then fed into tank till they’re bellys look full once a day. There eating everything i give them I do have daphnia too but not tried that yet.

My question is is it best to like wash the worms first? As the stuff there frozen in seems to leave like a residue in the water? I’m defrosting one cube feeding and putting rest in fridge for the next two days. But I feel the stuff that comes of them whatever there frozen in may effect the water etc?

Any advice for feeding these would be great. Have a photo for inspiration! PS I absolutely love these guys!
I wouldn’t worry about it I’ve always thrown in a full cubes and let them melt in the tank for all my fish with my trip of puffers I do half a cube and hold it still it starts to break up

We use to let frozen food defrost in a fine mesh net. Have the net resting on a container so the liquid drains into the container. Then feed the food but tip the liquid out somewhere nothing is going to drink it.

I wouldn’t worry about it I’ve always thrown in a full cubes and let them melt in the tank for all my fish with my trip of puffers I do half a cube and hold it still it starts to break up

Thanks again bud, do you have pea puffers now? I guess it doesn’t effect the water then :)

Thanks again bud, do you have pea puffers now? I guess it doesn’t effect the water then :)
I have Red Eye Red Tailed Puffers which are a relative - same sort of size, slightly different behaviour but quite different appearance. I've never had a problem with it but then again I've never thought about it much so maybe some others here with different experience?

Wills

Thanks again bud, do you have pea puffers now? I guess it doesn’t effect the water then
I have Red Eye Red Tailed Puffers which are a relative - same sort of size, slightly different behaviour but quite different appearance. I've never had a problem with it but then again I've never thought about it much so maybe some others here with different experience?

Wills

I’ve never seen those look cool! Do you also add daphnia the same way? How many times a day bud?

Thanks again bud, do you have pea puffers now? I guess it doesn’t effect the water then

I’ve never seen those look cool! Do you also add daphnia the same way? How many times a day bud?
Since my apparent Ramshorn colony has developed I feel them half a cube ever other day. Sometimes every day, but also feed my rasboras and gobies pellets but the puffers pretty much ignore them. I've not tried other foods with them - though I know I should...

They are a really great fish I first kept them about 10 years ago in a small group of 2 males 3 females and they did great, when I wanted to come back to the hobby a few years ago I knew they were the fish I wanted to start with. Been quite hard to get them, they are seasonal, usually available around April time and people only sell them in pairs which is rubbish! I'd like to get 2 more females for my current tank though.

Big changes coming soon in their tank though so see how it goes :)

Wills

Since my apparent Ramshorn colony has developed I feel them half a cube ever other day. Sometimes every day, but also feed my rasboras and gobies pellets but the puffers pretty much ignore them. I've not tried other foods with them - though I know I should...

They are a really great fish I first kept them about 10 years ago in a small group of 2 males 3 females and they did great, when I wanted to come back to the hobby a few years ago I knew they were the fish I wanted to start with. Been quite hard to get them, they are seasonal, usually available around April time and people only sell them in pairs which is rubbish! I'd like to get 2 more females for my current tank though.

Big changes coming soon in their tank though so see how it goes :)

Wills

Awesome, I was thinking about ram horn snails in the same tank but I’ve sort of swayed against it. Maybe I should I don’t know.

Most reactions

Back