Particulate Fever

Trance2006

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey I have some particlates in my water and I can't find the polyiester batting. So I was wondering If I can use a small wad of kitchen towl on the intake of my fluval 204.

For maybe 30 minutes to an hour.

Hey I have some particlates in my water and I can't find the polyiester batting. So I was wondering If I can use a small wad of kitchen towl on the intake of my fluval 204.

For maybe 30 minutes to an hour.

paper towel or towel towel? I've used a towel to collect particulate matter from the output of my filter.... i dunno how you can use it on the intake though

nevermind found the root of the problem. It was the subsrate for a live plant. Java moss. It kept on realising small bits of the substarte. Took it back to the store and got a refund, I would keep it but I don't want to add fertilizer. Thinking it might add a new source of food for future algae

java moss doesnt need fertilizer, doesnt need much light, doesnt even need a substrate. it will grow even if you have the worst tank as long as there is a little light. if you keep this in your tank, i would think that algae wouldnt grow because java moss will take up the extra stuff in the water. (correct me if im wrong)

Edit: heres a tip to prolong the life of your filter, DO NOT put anything near the intake tube that can restrict flow

Thanks for the tip, I didn't even put it for 5 minutes since it seemed it wasn;t sucking enough

Most reactions

Back