FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
3x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Caught my pangio oblonga spawning this evening, thought I'd share the video since spawning is very uncommon in the hobby for pangio loaches.

Would not be the first spawning I've had from my pangio. I've had my pangio doriae spawn in the past as well--started with 3 and one day magically had a 4th smaller one mingling with the original 3 that blew my mind lol

Whee! Your tank sems like you might get some fry! Nice lotta plants & coarse enough substrate for eggs or fry to survive in. There is an account of them breeding on the old species index on loaches.com. It's not connected to LOL forum anymore, but you can find it, I think. I'm not sure of the rules here for linking another forum...

How cool.
Babies are da bomb
Is that subwassertang in the tank?
Yes sußwassertang! The loaches scatter it everywhere lol

Whee! Your tank sems like you might get some fry! Nice lotta plants & coarse enough substrate for eggs or fry to survive in. There is an account of them breeding on the old species index on loaches.com. It's not connected to LOL forum anymore, but you can find it, I think. I'm not sure of the rules here for linking another forum...
I've had fry survive before, but I know better than to expect it lol I did have my pangio doriae have a surviving fry.

That said, the substrate is quikrete play sand, but some of the larger bits have settled on top from the loaches always going about their business. But most of the bottom is a mix of sticks, leaf bits, snail shells ( 🙃 darn trumpets), sand/pebbles, and sußwassertang. Lots of nooks and crannies, but heck knows how many eggs make it past the other loaches eating them lol

I don't even know how many pangio are even in this tank anymore.

Most reactions

Back