Panda Garra struggling and need urgent help

GMazzle 83

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm new to the hobby and I'm already in dyer need of advice on my panda garra.
I've been keeping an eye on him over the past few weeks as he and my 10 tetras are my first fish and they are all doing well, except to come in looking for him because I have not seen him all day to find him gasping for air at the bottom of my tank. He has not been eating well. I've tried bloodworm, pellets and some veg with no response. My tank has just finished cycling but my pH is high 7.4 or so, so I wanted to naturally bring it down with almomd leaves which I added yesterday. Last night I cleaned my tank because of an algae bloom and I'm afraid if I have stressed him out a bit too much. Can someone please advise as I'm out of options myself.
Thanks. G.

What are your water parmaters? Did you dechlorinate water? What size is the tank? Is it cycled? What substrate do you use?

What are your water parmaters? Did you dechlorinate water? What size is the tank? Is it cycled? What substrate do you use?
Hi and thank you.
I think he has just died.
I did dechlorinate the water.
Ph 7.4
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm
Do you think he could have eaten ferrotabs for plants?
My tank has just is is just finishing its cycle
I'm using gravel and a sand substrate

Maybe he could have eaten the tab for plants.. is he moving? Try and poke him to see if he moves.

Maybe he could have eaten the tab for plants.. is he moving? Try and poke him to see if he moves.
I put the net in and wiggled him with no movement so I've taken him out. Really disappointed he's a really cool fish. Should those ferrotabs be under the substrate?
Gonna do another water test to see if there has been any change to my parameters.

Root tabs for plants, roots are under substrate so the tabs should be put under substrate.

Most reactions

Back