Ozoniser

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish Buddy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I read in an old fish book about a product called Ozoniser. It is suppose to be injected in the tank water to increase oxygen levels and also kill bacteria (therefore steralize the tank)
Has any one else heard of it?

I've never heard of it.
What Fish book did you read that in? ????

Fish Buddy said:
I read in an old fish book about a product called Ozoniser. It is suppose to be injected in the tank water to increase oxygen levels and also kill bacteria (therefore steralize the tank)
Has any one else heard of it?
increase O2 levels? Why not just get an airstone? Surface agitation should take care of most tank's O2 needs I should think. And kill bacteria? What kind? Hope it doesn't affect the good bacteria or something. :crazy:

Ozone is used in public pools to help keep them clean. Anything along those lines may be detrimental to your beneficial bacteria

Hi, Speak to OZONE, he can be found on here or the UK site!
He has TWO Ozonaters and a clever CO2 thingy! :rolleyes: His tank is BLOOMING,
lush plants and a great fresh smell! I'm sure he will tell you what you need to know.

ozone is O3 wich is toxic to anything living. it will irritate our skin and chemicaly breakdown the cell.

It is used in filtration but must be removed before it gets to the tank or filter (depending on where u have it). I would not recomend one unless u r using an industrial tank filter and have lots of tanks.

Why would u want or need one. if u want to steralise ur water get a UV steralizer, it's saffer and might be cheaper.

I can't remember exactly what the title was but something along the lines of 'Aquarium Set Up For Beginners' it was written at least 20 years ago most likely more (I do not have the book-it's in the library and i read it when I am waiting for my brother). The book said it killed both good and bad bacteria. It also said that although it is more popular to add it into marine set ups, adding it to freshwater set ups can be done as well. I wasn't thinking of adding it to my aquaria, I just wanted to know if it still exists since I was reading an older book and anything more about it.

Oh and ad_smith, I believe what is talked about in the link is the same stuff.

Most reactions

Back