Overpopulating?

Kelso

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well! I have a 5 gallon starter kit with 3 zebra danios and 3 guppies...i was wondering how many more fish i could add before i start to overpopulate or whatever...I only have fake plants and yeah lol

Have you cycled your tank?

To answer your question, you are already overstocked. Zebra danios are very zippy fish, and should be put in larger tanks where they have more swimming space. If your guppies are male + female, you will soon be overrun with baby guppies.

P.T.

:lol:

Well, sounds ok, but you should really upgrade to a bigger tank for your danios :nod: . It's a good excuse to get a bigger tank!

P.T.

On average its 1 in. of fish per 1 gallon. I would Start to upgrade to a 20 gallon. There a nice size.

Sweet. There's actually an Angel Fish in there too, I forgot to mention her. I know I will need a bigger aquarium when the angel grows, but it's still teeny. I'll get a 20 gal next pay day ^^ The 10 gallon can be a quarentine tank then.

my tank must be seriously overpopulated then.. got a 55l tank (12g uk i think)and quite a few fish.. all small fish through, the biggest i got is a pot belly molly.
how many fish do u think is a good number for that size of a tank??

i read some where u should allow at least 1.5L per small fish? :huh: or am i getting this completly wrong?

Most reactions

Back