Our First Tank, 130L

castiel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I posted these pics in my welcome thread but thought I would also do so here for any feedback on our tank setup.

Tank residents:
- Betta
- Bristlenose
- 2x Corydoras
- 4x Swordtails
- 2x Platys
- 5x Dwarf Platys
- 2x Silver Sharks
- 3x Hockey Stick Tetras
- 3x Black Neon Tetras

Here's a pic of the tank:
z5boQ.jpg

(one of the pieces of wood is still floating despite being in there two weeks now .. hopefully one day it will sink!)

The corys:
zZ6pT.jpg

And the betta:
HMFH8.jpg

We've already been advised to remove the sharks, and add more cories. And our Platys are very likely to be pregnant, so we are going to add more low plants or moss this weekend in case the fry have a chance of survival (we're definitely not ready to do the whole breeding tank/net thing yet).

Cheers

I posted these pics in my welcome thread but thought I would also do so here for any feedback on our tank setup.

Tank residents:
- Betta
- Bristlenose
- 2x Corydoras
- 4x Swordtails
- 2x Platys
- 5x Dwarf Platys
- 2x Silver Sharks
- 3x Hockey Stick Tetras
- 3x Black Neon Tetras

Here's a pic of the tank:
z5boQ.jpg

(one of the pieces of wood is still floating despite being in there two weeks now .. hopefully one day it will sink!)

The corys:
zZ6pT.jpg

And the betta:
HMFH8.jpg

We've already been advised to remove the sharks, and add more cories. And our Platys are very likely to be pregnant, so we are going to add more low plants or moss this weekend in case the fry have a chance of survival (we're definitely not ready to do the whole breeding tank/net thing yet).

Cheers

Yeah I agree about the sharks. Lovely Betta (my fave) mine eats my platy fry. I see them for about a day hidden under plants and ornaments then they disappear.

Yeah I agree about the sharks. Lovely Betta (my fave) mine eats my platy fry. I see them for about a day hidden under plants and ornaments then they disappear.
Yeah I do love the Betta. His name is Castiel (hence my username!), and he has so much character. So curious about anything new, and seems to love being touched - when moving plants etc, he brushes against my arm, and if I put my finger tip in the water he nudges against it. He has actually inspired me to look into getting another tank for another betta - saw a lovely half moon one at our local aquarium.

Nice aquariumm.

But this tank's dimensions are very weird. Don't you think it's too short for silver sharks? This fish is very active... and i think it need at least 80cm tank.

Nice aquariumm.

But this tank's dimensions are very weird. Don't you think it's too short for silver sharks? This fish is very active... and i think it need at least 80cm tank.
Yes the tank is a slightly strange shape ... we were going to buy the normal Aqua One 620, but they only had this one in stock and when we saw it loved the height. Pain in the butt to find a background that fits thought!

Nice little tank :) the advice to take back the sharks was good advice, they need at least 5 foot ideally 6 foot tanks.

The substrate you have doesnt look particularly great for corys, i cant see if the stones are sharp or not, just be aware that because they like to dig around (normally in sand) that they could damage themselves if the stones are sharp and get infections. Im not saying you should change the substrate (unless its sharp) but sand would be a better option for keeping corys, it will let you see their 'normal/happy' behaviour and of course being a schooling fish, 6 of them would be a better number. But having said that, you are quite well stocked with livebearing fish and could soon be over run.

Hope you enjoy your fishies :)

Yeah I had read about the substrate for corys and ours is definitely not sharp, so hopefully they are okay. We might still get a couple more corys to make a group of four - didn't realise how sociable they were until we got the two we have.

Most reactions

Back