Opinons On This Filter

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
Ive just been given a juwel bio flow mini (the one that comes with the juwel korall 60) from a friend - Is this filter any good?

Alot of people say that the standard Juwel internal filters are rather pants. However from what I have experienced with my two Juwel tanks they seem fine. If the filter wasn't up to the job of the size tank it's fitted to, it wouldn't be fitted to it. However you need to take into consideration stocking levels and personal preference.

However I have never tried an external filter system, which are said to be much better. In-experience on my part, however had no need to use one.

I have heard of people complaining about Juwel filters but I think they are quite decent and the ease of swapping the powerhead out for a higher rated one is really easy as you just swap it in and out really simple.

Wills

Thanks guys, could you use this as a temporary filter for a musk turtle? Until I upgrade it.

Personally I don't think there is a filter that can handle a turtle's waste. They are very messy little critters.

Thanks guys, could you use this as a temporary filter for a musk turtle? Until I upgrade it.

Hold on a second, every one chiping in here without knowing the facts of the filter. The korall filter is different from juwels internal range, it runs the minibio 280 which in a 60L is really good for a free filter. I have used one for over a year at they are pretty goos mate keep it. Handling a turtle's waste however my be pushing it as eagle said but fish is no bother

Never heard of it, personally, I don't like juwel stuff but this may be different.
Turtles are messy, very messy. They will stink your house out and clog up filters easilly so unless its very good then I wouldn't use it for that. I've had various turtles and have found externals to be the best for them. Wear a nose peg when your cleaning the filter out though. :sick:

Most reactions

Back