Oops!

ibbledibble

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So i've been looking on dpfishways website and couldn't help noticing that they were having a sale! *rubs hands with glee* so i went down there and spent FAR too much money! :X lol, but it was well worth it.

i had been planning to set up a sorority in my planted tank, so the 3 for 2 offer on crowntail females was calling me :nod:

i got a beautiful blue bodied red finned crowntail to match comet, a white one with red fins and a white one with pale blue and red fins. all gorgeous! :wub:
i really wanted a doubletail too so i snapped up the last one! a lovely blue grey girl with horizontal stripes. :wub: (now turned blue with a red wash and stripes gone completely! she must be happy)
and then there were the halfmoons! a really stunning pure white girl, and two with white bodies and red fins. one of them has really deep solid red fins and the other has shimmery red and white fins. :wub:

so that was all my girls (for now!) and i was happy. but then i just had to have a look at the males as they had money off too. BIG MISTAKE! as i had to buy a lovely little superdelta male, Modaz tells me he's a copper (i am really bad with knowing the correct names for the colour types, but i can see why!) he looks so different in different lights its amazing! when i first saw him he looked almost black, with coppery shimmers. now he's in his tank sometimes he looks green and blue and sometimes he looks copper all depending on how the light hits him. but one thing stays constant, he looks so elegant with his flowing tail. i'm in love all over again! now i have my two boys sat on my computer desk watching me, one on either side. :wub: :D :wub:

I know their stunning fish and loads there and the females was just as good as the males :)

I just wish i had more space for every thing....

CT's

TT3.jpg.w180h182.jpg

TT6.jpg.w180h155.jpg

TT7.jpg.w180h151.jpg

Delta/Superdelta

newred.jpg.w180h123.jpg

CC3.jpg.w180h191.jpg

blackbf.jpg.w180h138.jpg

yellow.jpg.w180h146.jpg

Found the pics in the shop section
http://www.dpfishways.com/id17.html

:blush: glad you like the new additions, what you gunna call them? that copper is a beauty.

*Ahem*
That 2nd CT down is my Leroy. He's in my house already so ya can't have him lol

will get some pics up soon.

lol helter, we sound like the DPFishways appreciation society! :lol:

don't have a name for the male, but i think it might have to be lazybones or something similar! he's gorgeous, but he's such a lazy little bugger. he just keeps sitting there on the bottom of the tank. i keep getting worried about him and then he will decide its time to swim about for a bit and suddenly he's fine! completely different temperament to comet, who is always on the go. he won't flare for me, in fact when i tried a mirror he played dead! and just lay on his side until i took the mirror away, then popped back up again right as rain. its very true that each betta has a different personality.

the girls are named
HM's
moonlight
princess
petal
DT
gemini
CT's
vixen
clover
cupid

I have to admit i am a little concerned that one of my females might be a male, as a couple of the qirls have gone quite plump and have what look like little white tubes poking out. and also i found a massive bubblenest in the tank, built around and under a java fern leaf!

apparently he was sulking because the light was too bright. i turned the light off and suddenly one happy active betta exploring the tank!

i decided to name him dazzle. and i got some new batteries for the camera, so here are the fist pictures. he's fine with the light on now, must have just been in a bad mood yesterday.
PB120068.jpg

you can see his colour really well on this one
PB120074.jpg

PB120066.jpg

isn't he lovely :wub:

OMG thats a stunning fish....... i so want one :)
Thank you :blush: he is isn't he.

and now on to the girls
This is Moonlight
moonlight1.jpg
moonlight3.jpg
moonlight2.jpg

Princess
princess1.jpg
princess2.jpg

Petal
petal1.jpg
petal2.jpg
petal3.jpg

Gemini
gemini1.jpg
gemini2.jpg

Cupid
cupid1.jpg
cupidtail.jpg
close up of her tail as she darted away at the last second! but shows the CT really well
Vixen
vixen1.jpg
vixen2.jpg

Clover
clover1.jpg
clover2.jpg

Some of the pictures are not that great, but you get the idea, they don't like posing for the camera. will post some of the tank and some group pics next.
sorry so many, but i'm very proud!

WoW moonlight is a stunner as well are you going to breed them?

And you got these from DPfishways.com

You gotta breed them and see what you get.

Tank pics
tankleft.jpg
Left side of tank
tankright.jpg
Right side of tank
tankcentre.jpg
Central view
fred.jpg
Fred, one of the tanks other occupants
Plantings a bit thin at the moment, but the vallis is putting out runners like crazy! so hopefully, it'll all thicken out soon.
Also i'm in the process of making some small slate caves to go in the tank for extra hidey-holes

Most reactions

Back