One Lucky Loach For My Ciclids

MrMagoo

Reaction score
Are there any good loaches for my 75 gallon ciclid tank? I am going for natural so something that would be in the habbitat of where they are from. Just africa really. I know I will need a pleco or something like that. Help on that would be good too. Thanks :good:

no not that im aware of the only thing is a bristlenose plec other plecs arent really acceptable in with malawis and posiibly synodontis

Are there any good loaches for my 75 gallon ciclid tank? I am going for natural so something that would be in the habbitat of where they are from. Just africa really. I know I will need a pleco or something like that. Help on that would be good too. Thanks :good:

There are a couple catfish from the african lakes but no loaches.

Some people have had luck keeping Clown Loaches, or other Botia (sp?), Clown Loaches will grow to be 12+ inches. They also like to be in groups, I think 5 or more is recommended. One of the catfish from Lake Malawi is Synodontis njassae, but pretty much any catfish from the Synodontis family should work.

if you want a pleco you would be best off for a bristle nose, and for catfish, any of the syno species work, loaches arnt the best for african tanks, but i know alot of people who have success with clown loaches.

Most reactions

Back