Old Heater

Mollymomma

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi everyone

My new 55 gallon is about cycled but I noticed the temp just isn't right...so I got out a heater I had used in another tank..the heater had some calcium deposits built up on it...carefully I removed the deposits. Then I noticed that along with the deposits coming off so did part of the black "design"

Since this stuff came off is the heater still useable? Not all of the black has come off so I'm worried it may come off in the tank and hurt the fish? any suggestion will be a big help...buying a new one is no big deal but I'd rather reuse this one..Waste not Want not and all :D

Tanks in advance

I would say go ahead and buy a new one......With the outer coating comming off it could be a sign of future problems, not from the coating but the age, it may not function properly and could cause problems

JMHO

Les

:thumbs:
Thanks Les that's what I was thinking. I think what I'll do is buy the new one for the 55 and use this one for the iso tank..that way if there are problems it won't cause too much stress for me or the fish. So I'm off to the store... the employees pretty much know me on site now & by name LOL...not sure if It's a good thing or not since I've only been in this area for about 4 weeks lol...

They all get dollar signs in their eyes when they see me comming........its too the point now I am asking for price breaks and on some stuff I am getting it.......lol

Have fun and dont buy too many fish

Les

Most reactions

Back