Ok So I'm Thinking About Adding Fish To My Tank "female Betta

Imcanadieneh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
its a ten gallon tank with no plants yet. I plan on using silk plants. anyways would these work\

3-4 female betta
3-4 glowfish "or would the bettas eat them"
and maybe a platy or two I just need some advice

You would want to have no less than 4 females... because with 3, you run the chance of 1 getting beat up.

As far as "glowfish", what do you mean? Are you referring to dyed fish? if so, don't buy these. They are chemically died fish and the process is cruel. This leads to them being susceptible to disease and dieing early. The color just fades away over time anyways.

If that is not what you are referring to, I have no idea what a glowfish is.

I think you could successfully keep some platys though. A couple pygmy corries would also be a nice addition. Just don't get too carried away with stocking, because a 10 gallon is just enough for a small betta sorority tank imo.

Hopefully some other people with sorority tanks about that size can jump in here and give you some more insight.

The Glofish he is referring to are genetically modified Zebra Danio's. They haven't been dyed, they have been modified using jellyfish genes. Here's a link to the Wiki article...pretty interesting.

Glofish Wiki

IMO I would just go with the females. You don't even know if they will get along. Minimum for a 10 gallon is 4 and maximum would be about 6. Although size isn't they only factor but how well decorated it is. I don't mean you have to make it look pretty for them but have lots of places for them to hide out and be able to escape to. ;)

Ten gallons are small and hard to stock nicely.

When you decide you want some, pm me. I have a spawn of female HM bettas that need new homes and are used to living with each other. I only want shipping costs covered, so long as you don't want breeding stock.

Most reactions

Back