Hi

Which would be best in a community tank of tetras, scissortails and platties :

ANGELFISH
or
SPOTTED SILVER DOLLARS

Please advise
thanks very much
DC

DONT ANGELFISH EAT SMALL FISH, BUT SPOTTED DOLLARS DONT THOUGH??

sorry caps lock on
:)

55 gall
48x15x18

which are more placid with small fish?
will either teh spotted dollars or angels eat neon tetras??

i have an existing tank with tetras in etc as i say, however i know o 4 silver dollars and 3 angel fish taht ned rehoming - just want to make sure i could take one or the other

in the 48x15x18 is it the 15 or the 18 that is the tank hight? Also what kind os tetras are they? if the 18 is the tank hight it will be fine for angels depending on the tetras. if they are larger tetras like serpae black widow etc then angels will be fine if they are neons then when the angels get bigger they will potentially see the neons as food. silver dollars a no no for that tank im afraid they need more space than you have.

height is 18 inch
black neon, neon, blackphantom, bleeding heart tetras in at preset

tank size is fine for angels only issue could be the neons. people have had neons with angels by getting the angels small and letting them grow up with the neons then they have much lesss risk of becoming lunch

tank size is fine for angels only issue could be the neons. people have had neons with angels by getting the angels small and letting them grow up with the neons then they have much lesss risk of becoming lunch
mark...if the substrate is 2 inches and the water line an inch or so from the top its 15", what is the height from the top of the substrate to the water line?

IMO angels need a good 20"

ok granted 18 is consodered the minimum tank depth for angels but its perfectly workable

Most reactions

Back