I managed to get some shots of my spotted doras
pec1.jpg

pec2.jpg

pec3.jpg

pec4.jpg

only the second time I've seen them in around a year of having them
and that is only because I've moved them into my 42G :lol:

BTW the fatty, refers to the doras and not any particular member here :shifty:

Nice, they look like they would be very happy to come and live in my 900g tank :shifty:

They are nice, you seen them since? :D

What size are they and how many of them are there?

CFC
no way you are getting these beauties!

not seen them since, lol, didn't expect too.
I have 3 but one seems smaller than the others, I guess that is the lowest on the pecking order

CFC

I have 3 but one seems smaller than the others, I guess that is the lowest on the pecking order

Damn :lol: i'm after a small army of spotted doras to act as clean up on the big tank as its width is going to make cleaning it difficult but finding them at a decent size is difficult, i've got two but i need at least another 8.

Hmm I'll have to take pics of my fatty, I think he's fatter :lol:

haha! i love it! a clean up crew that would completely fill most poeples tanks :good:

i had 2 about that size and they were a good clean up crew to the fact they were eating all my bn fry :angry: so sadly i give them 2 my mate like the wolf said i never seen mine untill i moved house

cheers dane

CFC

Damn :lol: i'm after a small army of spotted doras to act as clean up on the big tank as its width is going to make cleaning it difficult but finding them at a decent size is difficult, i've got two but i need at least another 8.

The striped (Platydoras costatus) is nicer, imo, than the spotted. And around here both species are common. I always wanted a hancock talking cat (Amblydoras hancocki).

Those are some nice spotted ones though, most I've seen are very ugly little fish. I used to have a striped talking cat, but I sold him when changing my setups.

CFC if you fancy a trip up this end of the country I can give you details of a place that normally has them in. Although they only had striped last weekend. :good: ;) :lol:

Yay another spotted Raph owner... I was out on a day trip to a more "high brow" aquarium and they had one of these guys for $50...I bought him after they took 30 minutes prying him out of his hiding spot...They only had one and I have NEVER seen any others for sale. Not exactly the most entertaining fish for much of the day but when they are active a great fish... what size as in length are they?

Very nice fish :good:

At one time I had 2 spotted and 4 striped. The striped were about 5" and the spotted were around 4". I never saw them unless it was feeding time and that was very fun to watch. They swallowed a tablet whole. To this day I regret giving them up. I have always wanted some more and Ive got a empty 30 gallon and have pondered putting some in it.

I have 1 of those in my tank it was an accident he was attached to a piece of bogwood i bought and neither the assistant or myself spotted it.
Anyway this fish still lives on the same piece of wood i know hes still alive because i see his whiskers moving only seen him swimming once!!

Striped rahaels are my fav catfish. when i first got into the fish hobby, mainly with catfish, i neva say any of these guys but knew about them i wanted one so bad, i finaly find one n they are $300 definantly not in my price range. gradualy i see them at lower prices at different places and i finally got one ( few months ago now) at $35! and my fiance got one as a trade for 25 snails! he is into corys, he wont admit it but its his fav cat aswell! i have never seen a spotted, tho i did once see a couple of Angel cats goin at about $400 ea. unfortunantly this place that usualy has the rarer cats at the best of prices, or as best as they can get, closed down the other week :-( we had gotten to know these people very well, and there fish.

Most reactions

Back