Oh My Gosh

kym_sharpe_3

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i bought a shoal of 6 black widow tetras the other week, which one had these little things sticking out of it at first i thought it was a cut but then i saw in a book a anchor worm, which was already on the fish when i bought it *this was not the shops fault who i go to as the fish had just come in and just put in tanks then i brought six and he didnt have time to check them out, my fish was the only one who had it just my luck* . i had to fish him out with the net then get him on his side and remove it with some tweezers. it was horrible doing it as it was stuck in his skin. i wanted to cry while i was doing it it took a while to get it out. but i did it :D
i was so proud of myself but felt guilty all night as i must of hurt him :( but he is happier now and fightign fit:) well lets say swimming fit. then i popped some para guard in to kill any parasites (i didnt want to use this but i wanted them to get better). my water levels are all pefect, so it was that silly fish but ive made him happier now :D just thought i would let you all know!

well done :thumbs: i know its not nice doing stuff like that but its better in the long run :)

well done :thumbs: i know its not nice doing stuff like that but its better in the long run :)

yup yup i know! wasnty nice tho :( he is happier now. thank you for the praise!

was wondering has anybody else had this happen and had to do what i did?

I have personally never had to do this but I applaud you. I know sometimes things like that can be hard with animals especially if they are helpless or unsure of what is going on but you did the right thing so good job.

I have personally never had to do this but I applaud you. I know sometimes things like that can be hard with animals especially if they are helpless or unsure of what is going on but you did the right thing so good job.

I know the poor thing was so scared which made me feel bad and as im a veggie it makes it harder as i never like hurting animals. but i keep telling myself it was to make him better :) but i had a nightmare about it last night :( silly me lol thanks for the praise:)

Good on you for helping the lil guy out.
I probably wudnt have know what to do.
How did you pull the thing out/off without the tetra jumping around all over the place?

Good on you for helping the lil guy out.
I probably wudnt have know what to do.
How did you pull the thing out/off without the tetra jumping around all over the place?

it was hard!
when i tried to catch him it worn him out
so he was a little calmer, but when i was doing it he flipped and scared me!
but i just had to try my best and i was shaking i held him out of the water it took me a while but i kept putting the net in the water so he could have a breather.
:)

Thought you might have done something like that. Well, now I know what to do if I'm ever in that situation. Touch wood, I will never have to do it.

Most reactions

Back