Oh Hell....

chrismr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well, woke this morning to find I have lost 2 angels, all fish gasping at surface... temperature rose to 33/34 degrees C!!!!

I have unplugged the heater for now, and hopefully the temp will not drop too much by the time I get home with a new heater. It is a 270 litre tank, so should not cool too quickly.

I wish I could have called in sick to sort it out, but have had so much sick time this year already.....

Hope all fish and my giant fan shrimp (even though I never see it) will make it...

Wish me luck.

Can't remember the brand name.... Got a cheap one off Ebay. Guess it will teach me to try and cut costs on important things like heaters.

Can't remember the brand name.... Got a cheap one off Ebay. Guess it will teach me to try and cut costs on important things like heaters.

do you mean "Guess it will teach me NOT to try and cut costs on important things like heaters"?
:good:

do you mean "Guess it will teach me NOT to try and cut costs on important things like heaters"?
:good:

I am sure most people would have figured out what I meant (you did), but yes.

sorry for your losses :sad: :sad:

hope you and your tank get sorted out soon - ( bet u swore at the heater - eh?? - i would have called it every name under and over the sun - would not make it work again - but would make me feel better having lost 2 angels!!

use that heater to pre-heat the new water before you put it in the tank at water changes.

use that heater to pre-heat the new water before you put it in the tank at water changes.

Most reactions

Back