Not Really New But I Need An Answer To A Question

KitKat88

Reaction score
So here is a question. My boyfriend is going into his second semester of Med school. I am planning on getting him a fish since fish tanks are supposedly relaxing. I have my own fish college. But I was wondering should I get him a betta or another fish?? He needs a stress free pet since he's going to be studying a lot and I am 4 hours away so I can't be there all the time. But what fish would be best for him to take care of? What supplies should I get for these fish??

Thank you all!!
Kit Kat

I would go for a betta, you will need IMO a tank 2+ gallons, a heater unless the room is warm. A filter would be best and it would cut down on the number of water change he would have to do. You could also divide a 10 into 2 or 3 sections and keep 1 betta in each section, you would need a filter and heater.

I agree, get him a betta. Just make sure that you get adequate space for the fish. 1 gallon at the absolute least amount. 3+ is good, 5 is even better. Do some research beforehand though, look around and find out what you want to get him.

I do highly recommend a betta though, go and do some research on them. :D Make sure to let us know what you end up doing. Good luck

Most reactions

Back