Not Exactly A Newbie... But It's Been A While

craigyi

Reaction score
Hi guys, i kept tropical fish many years ago before moving to keep marines, anyway in the next few months i'm moving to australia, but my dad wants to purchase my old juwell vision 260 to keep tropicals in, as it's been a while and i've agreed to help him setup the tank i've just joined the site to get some upto date information on filtration techniques, lighting, planting, fish choice as i unfortunatley remember so little...

at present the equipment would include, the juwell vison 260 a fluval 404 external cannister, possibly a uv steriliser as i have a spare,

so any ideas you guys could input would be incredible....

hope to hear back soon

craig

oh yeah.... i'd also be giving him my ro unit so h can have the best quality fresh water,

a few powerheads for water movement etc... :)

p.p.s. i also wanted to know wether there were any recent techniques for introducing bacteria to cycle the tank a little faster as i'd love to still be in the country when the first few fish were added ;)

The quickest way I have found to cycle a tank is to take a seeded filter from another tank. I have one that I have transferred to each of my tanks to get them going. It's my Happy filter :D You could also use some substrate from other tanks and decor to get it kickin".

Great to hear you have your Dad getting wet. U're Dad will love it!

Most reactions

Back