Norwich At All?

CrystalClear16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey! Anyone on here from around the Norwich area? Any societies in the area that I should know about? :D

I do spend some time in the Norwich area because my in-laws live there, but don't know of any clubs. Out of the LFS I've vistited there, Atlantic Aquatics in Great Yarmouth is IMO the best. Good luck finding something there!

My partner and I have just graduated and moved near the city centre so we don't know many people - it is nice to hear there are other enthusiasts nearby :)

Someone recommended Swallows Aquatics so I had a look around there. I was pleasently surprised, one of the staff talked me OUT of buying something because he was concerned it was inappropriate for my tank - definatly a good sign.

I live in Norwich.

I'm looking to go into the marine side of things once I have the money.

I'm from Norwich and fairly new to the hobby, having a tropical 125L tank running for 7 weeks now. I don't know of any clubs in the Norwich area either.

I've bought from Swallow Aquatics, they seem nice enough - they didn't once ask about the size of my tank etc when selling though, now I have a mini-cycle on the go (my fault I know)...the fish I bought seem fine (3 more peppered corys and 3 otos). They have a very good selection of fish available...even have a 19yr old gigantic catfish (not for sale)

I've also used Fishworld, out near Coltishall, although the place is now in deep trouble, I think they had a power cut a few days back and don't have any generators...

Any other good aquatic shops in the norwich area worth visiting?

I'm from Norwich and fairly new to the hobby, having a tropical 125L tank running for 7 weeks now. I don't know of any clubs in the Norwich area either.

I've bought from Swallow Aquatics, they seem nice enough - they didn't once ask about the size of my tank etc when selling though, now I have a mini-cycle on the go (my fault I know)...the fish I bought seem fine (3 more peppered corys and 3 otos). They have a very good selection of fish available...even have a 19yr old gigantic catfish (not for sale)

I've also used Fishworld, out near Coltishall, although the place is now in deep trouble, I think they had a power cut a few days back and don't have any generators...

i live in norwich i havent heard of any groups or anything,not many things get sold near here either lol i use fishworld hes brilliant there and the fish ive bought there are really hardy and none have died either,i love how he run it aswell the tanks arent sparkaling clean like some places.i also use atlantis aquatics hes good there too havent been there a while good prices for wood too.theres not many fish places part from pets at home and giant pet stor but there not very helpful and you end up wit fish you dont want,its nice to know theres people on here who live in norwich :good:

i live in norwich i havent heard of any groups or anything,not many things get sold near here either lol i use fishworld hes brilliant there and the fish ive bought there are really hardy and none have died either,i love how he run it aswell the tanks arent sparkaling clean like some places.i also use atlantis aquatics hes good there too havent been there a while good prices for wood too.theres not many fish places part from pets at home and giant pet stor but there not very helpful and you end up wit fish you dont want,its nice to know theres people on here who live in norwich :good:

I think Giant Pet Store has a closing down sale on right now, a friend of mine bought a Master Testing Kit normally going for £50 for £32.50 if that's anything to go by then good prices are on!

If it's one I think I've learnt is that the world is a small place - hello fellow Norwich person :)

I was born in Norwich but moved to Cambs just over a year ago. Swallow are probably the best retailer both in terms of selection and staff. Also check out Hellesdon Garden Centre - their aquatics department got started around 2 years ago and they nabbed the head of aquatics at Giant Pet Store.

So are Giant Pet Store closing down? That's where I bought my first tank... sniff...

I'm from Norwich, anyone know any decent stores? I bought from Fish world before but there quality of fish is bad.

im from thetford that about 20 30 mins from norwich. swollow aquatics in east harling is good ive never seen a dead or ill fish there and they have bear bottom tanks that are sparkling clean. it is quite expensive there though. tut hill in buru is pretty good to has a good amount of diffrent catfish and really good prices on most fish.

im from norwich too for aquirium stuff buy from the range the cheap on prich but dont sell fish i found swallow are the best there also
helsdon barns try that there ok but dont listen to every thin swallow say its more up to
personal experiances
any help
andrew

Just to reiterate that Swallow Aquatics is worth a visit or 2. I just order a new seabray tank from there which should be delivered in a week or so. I'll let you know how it goes, they'll be delivering it to me and will be bringing 3 sets of hands to help it up to my 1st floor flat.

All the fish I have purchased from there have been very healthy and I've never had any issues.

They also stock good bogwood from time to time, I got a massive piece (18"x12"x12") for £12.50 :)

I'm from Norwich too, and have been to a few fish stores in the area, the people at HB aquatics (off Fifers Lane) are nice, the manager is helpful and overall the fish look healty. They have a nice selection of Corys and others that you don't get in places like pets at home.

As far as the Giant Pet Store goes I had a conversation with the fish guy who said they were thinking about getting fish again as the sales for tanks etc dropped loads when they stopped selling livestock!

Im looking forward to the new place "Maidenhead Aquatics" to open at the back of Notcutts, although I would imagin it will be pricey being in there :(

Most reactions

Back