Next New Fish

garry_boyd3

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi al, I have an Orca 550 tank. At the moment I have 2 common clowns, Flame Hawkfish & a sulphur goby. The first question is will I be able to hav another (two would be nice but I think I already know the awnser to that). If I can these are what I am thinking:

Flame Angel (I think too big??)
Coral Goby
Green Coral Goby
Bangaii Cardinal

I am not too sure. If you can think of something different that would go well please let me know. The main idea is to have a more open watr fish (thats why I put the Cardinal). Also maybe a fish that likes algea :hyper:

Many thanks in advance.

You will have room for another fish as long as maintenance is kept up.

I would not put any more gobies in if you want open water swimmers. More likely to stay perched between rocks in the abscence of Acropora.

Not sure if its big enough for the flame angel.

Consider a Royal Gramma, nice colour, does swim in open water, will defend its chosen cave though.

Have a look through Live Aquaria, you may be ok with a flasher wrasse, not sure on the tank size.

I will start the research. I thought the flame Angel would be too big. The overall idea is to have some thing for every level of the tank ( I know its not a massive tank but I think it will look good).

Any other suggests will be appreciated.

flame may get a tad agressive for it.

i have seen some lovely smaller ones though, they may be ok for a while. Still expensive at about £50

Check some of the sizes on the dwarf angels, you may be ok. It may be that the orca is square rather then rectangular though, rectangles give more swimming space.

Yes it is more square. Just looked at the flasher wrasse on live aquiria. They say its for about 50 gal tank. All Dwarf ar stated as semi-agressive. So I presuume they are the luck of the draw, I suppose.

flame may get a tad agressive for it.

i have seen some lovely smaller ones though, they may be ok for a while. Still expensive at about £50

Not too worried about cost. You will spend £10 on DVD & watch it once every year. When you can spend £50 on a fish that you watch fo an hour everynight....

I would like a nice one :good:

I know I am limited to the type of fish (nw that before I brought the tank). I do like the look of the Flame back Angelfish. According to the chart on live aquaria they are compatable with my other fish...

I am going to a new LFS on sat in coventry & will have a look & a mini wish list...

Well I will look into that one then :good: I think that will mean I will be on my limit for fish. Would of liked one more but must resist :good:

Thanks for your help, so hopefully the fish shop in coventry will be pretty good & I may be posting a new picture soon. :hyper:

Big C how was the fish in your tank. Thanks.

Hi, Been looking & was wondering about the Pygmy Angelfish (cherub). Anyone had any dealings with them Similar colours to the Flameback but a little smaller. Maybe able to get away with another small fish then, but you guys would know better than me. If its a no then its a no...

i would add one, then wait a few weeks and then see how your water stats are.

Need to take aggression and the fishes space into account. If they get terratorial you may have problems

The only fish that seems to have a terrioty is the Goby. He has his little Cave & everytime Hellie (Hawkfish) comes near him he chases him away (quite comical watching a grumpy fish look agressive). Could always revert back to the idea of a Kaudern's Cardinal or Spotted Cardinalfish.... I do like the Flameback or Pygmy though. Please let me know what you think before I make the wrong decision :good:

I have got a very basic Marine fish book. I think I will get another one. Any suggestions?

Think I would go for the flameback :good:

Fish books - I like anything written by Scott Michael, you can often pick-up his 500 fishes book second hand on fleabay or Amazon

Seffie x

:fish:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reef-Aquarium-Fish-b...%3A1%7C294%3A50

He has also written and is still writing a series of books:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Damselfishes-Anemone...%3A2%7C294%3A50

On different books for different groups of fish - a great read, something for your christmas or birthday list, that way you might actually get something you want :lol:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back