Newest Additions

shell4375

Reaction score
I have had these little girls for about a week and they are finally coming out into the open so we can watch them.

HPIM0189.jpg

HPIM0204.jpg

nice, can you show a picture of the whole tank, i would like to see the whole enviroment, looks good tho, are the frogs on their own or with other fish?sorry if im being nosey, im really just interested

you will enjoy these...i have four and they are a total pleasure to keep - theyre so full of character
also they LOVE frozen prawn if you fancy treating them XD

Cool little ADF's my girlfriend has for of them and 2 of the albino clawed frogs(not in the same tank for obvious reasons)they are cool little guys.

nice, can you show a picture of the whole tank, i would like to see the whole enviroment, looks good tho, are the frogs on their own or with other fish?sorry if im being nosey, im really just interested

HPIM0184.jpg

HPIM0182.jpg

very nice tank, im looking to keep Hymenochirus sp. Frogs, all the ones in my lfs are very small and look very unhealthy though :( They told me that they all come in looking that way, so its not worth asking them to order me some in, I cant find anywhere else selling them at the moment.

Are they clawed or dwarf frogs? They look a little different color-wise than my little dwarf frogs.
They're super cute though. I love my little guys.

Are they clawed or dwarf frogs? They look a little different color-wise than my little dwarf frogs.

They look like Dwarf Frogs, Hymenochirus sp, they can vary a bit in colour, and skin texture, theres two species thats imported for the pet trade into the UK, Hymenochirus boettgeri and Hymenochirus curtipes, and possibly a hybrid of those two species. The difference between boettgeri and curtipes is that curtipes are larger than boetgeri, have wartier skin, and usually a distinctly different pattern, but as I mentioned the pattern and skin colour in them can vary.

They look like Dwarf Frogs, Hymenochirus sp, they can vary a bit in colour, and skin texture, theres two species thats imported for the pet trade into the UK, Hymenochirus boettgeri and Hymenochirus curtipes, and possibly a hybrid of those two species. The difference between boettgeri and curtipes is that curtipes are larger than boetgeri, have wartier skin, and usually a distinctly different pattern, but as I mentioned the pattern and skin colour in them can vary.

Wow Kevin, you're a wealth of froggy info! :D Mine look a lot less smooth than the OP's and the color is a bit different too.
Thanks for the info. :nod:

Wow Kevin, you're a wealth of froggy info! :D Mine look a lot less smooth than the OP's and the color is a bit different too.
Thanks for the info. :nod:

Yours might be Hymenochirus curtipes then, theres a good article on the two species here http://aquaticfrogs.tripod.com/id19.html

I just found that link last night! Thanks for sharing it though, it does have quite a bit of info.

Most reactions

Back