newbie questions

nonay

Reaction score
Why do my fish sometimes spit out their food right after they bite it? does that mean they dont like it? And also, why do they sometimes look like they are crazy and swim up and down over and over against the glass of the tank like they are trying to get out?

:wub:

I might be new but I know somethings. if the flake are to big they will stuff it in their mouth and chew a bit off, then spit the rest back out.

About the glass. the fish might be stressed.

what do you have and how are they looking?

as far as them going crazy and swimming up and down, mine do it all the time, especially when I'm near them. Research has been done that fish can in time recognise specific people, and I've figured that they're displaying, they just want feeding. Note that they want feeding ALL the time, which isn't good for their health. Try not to give in to them ;)

Nik

ok ill try to crumble up the pieces so they can eat it better. I have 2 mollies and they are looking fine to me. I watch them everyday to make sure they are ok and they seem fine. but I am cycling my tank with them which I know is stupid but I didnt know about the cycling process untill after I got them.

It's not stupid to cycle with 2 mollies. It might be stupid to cycle with 10.

The swimming against the glass is probably because they're new to the tank. Give them a bit of time and they'll settle down.

fish often put something in their mouths to taste it and see what it is

Most reactions

Back