New Tube Advice

kevin82

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm just about ready to purchase some new tubes for my Fluval Roma 240L

The setup is 2 x T8 40W, currently running a Fluval Power-Glo and Aqua-Glo tubes. My tank is lightly planted, has stable conditions but has mild algae issues.

The light in my opinion is too intense, and by their own admissions "stimulates growth of macro algae and plants".

I'm after some advice on whether to continue to use Fluval range of tubes or to move to another brand, Classica etc. Also which of the ranges would you choose. If I where to stay with Fluval I might choose and comination of Life-Glo and Aqua-Glo?

Your opinions are appreciated as usual

The Arcadias are much better than the Hagens BUT you are wanting less. lol

Personally I would put the arcadias in can't remember their 'new names' classic dylight is one but can't remember the other.

AC

Hey mate , sightly off topic but i see your tanks a roma 240, would you reccomend it? Looking to upgrade very soon.

Hey mate , sightly off topic but i see your tanks a roma 240, would you reccomend it? Looking to upgrade very soon.

I would recommend it, but make sure you get the current version as earlier models lacked silicone under the plastic cover at the top. I had a long airstone near the back of the tank and the bursting bubbles against the back caused small drips from the trim.

This was just down to Fluval being tight with the pennies and not sealing all the way around.

Apart from that, it looks the part

Most reactions

Back