New To The Forum New To Fish Keeping

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jlw

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Right now I have a 10 gallon freshwater with two diamond tetra's, one platy, one small catfish and algae eater. I would like to get into a larger set up but I want to get good at the 10 gallon first.

Joined here hoping to get good answers to lots of questions I have. My immediate need is to understand tank cleaning techniques. I can't seem to get my water clear and the nitrates always seem a little on the high side.

:hi: to the forum :)

:hi: to TFF

The best way to deal with nitrates is to get some/lots of fast growing (often stem) plants, as they grow, they will absorb some of your nitrate.
The other way is to do bigger water changes, if that isn't enough then you need to do them more frequently.
How big are your water changes currently and how often?

What type is your catfish and algae eater?

I'd love to see a picture of your tank! :nod:

welcomeani.gif
to TFF!

Sounds good and you are at the right place to ask question anything fish keeping.

Can ask if you have already cycled your tank?
Means have you got bacteria in your filter to process ammonia and nitrites.

Having read you say have nitrate readings a little on high side then it may seems you already know about that..

If you have not already done so, I'd say best read this...

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/421488-cycling-your-new-fresh-water-tank-read-this-first/

I was going to post pictures of my tank but I realize I don't know how.

If you have an account on one of the photo hosting websites (I use photobucket) then you can upload your picture there and then post the IMG link here :)

Most reactions

Back