New tank 😊

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tiara

Reaction score
Hey, it's me again.
Finally I upgraded my 70L tank to a 112. I would have bought a bigger one, but don't have space for it. 😞
I am so thrilled about it, I am watching it non-stop over the past days. The thing I'm mostly excited about, is that my Pentazona barbs are swimming freely and exploring the whole tank. In the previous one they were hiding non-stop behind the plants, you could barely see them. Maybe it's because of the new scape, the brighter light or the more swimming space.
From personal experience, now, the conclusion is that Pentazona barbs need MINIMUM tank size is 29 gal for them to feel comfortable.👍
I'm posting a Pic of the tank. I definitely need a better camera.

Attachments

• IMG_20241021_100257.jpg
    IMG_20241021_100257.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20241021_105527.jpg
    IMG_20241021_105527.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 15
That's a nice scape in there. Hope you can keep it so neat the way it looks right now...

That's a nice scape in there. Hope you can keep it so neat the way it looks right now...
Thank you!
As I know myself, I will re-arrange something here and there 😁
I will try to keep things clean and pray for alge to not appear. In the previous tank I've had some problems with brown alge and at some point and with unsofficient nutrients, causing some plants to rip off, but I think I can keep things ok now. 😊

That is a nice scape; as for larger being better - i find that most people put too many fishes and not enough plants in their aquariums ;)
The only problem with plants is they grow and grow and never stop growing and soon you need an even larger aquariums just for the plants :(

Most reactions

Back