New Tank

Amber192419

Reaction score
Hiya Everyone.

I,ve just recently bought a new tank, and I want a different change or style.

Its 3ft, mostly black wood design.

Im thinking instead of a plastic background on the outside the back of the tank which I usually go for I'm thinking a more natural background like one of those 3d ones that are glued inside the tank? Are they easy to fit onto the tank? and if I ever want to remove them is it easy to be done?

Im thinking a natural kind of gravel? like plain pepples?

Ive always kinda of liked the broken ships and stuff into the gravel but that kinda of takes away the natural side away ? any suggestions? such as slate or anything?

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Thank you. x

Hiya Everyone.

I,ve just recently bought a new tank, and I want a different change or style.

Its 3ft, mostly black wood design.

Im thinking instead of a plastic background on the outside the back of the tank which I usually go for I'm thinking a more natural background like one of those 3d ones that are glued inside the tank? Are they easy to fit onto the tank? and if I ever want to remove them is it easy to be done?

Im thinking a natural kind of gravel? like plain pepples?

Ive always kinda of liked the broken ships and stuff into the gravel but that kinda of takes away the natural side away ? any suggestions? such as slate or anything?

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Thank you. x
Hi

when i first started i used gravel, but i don't like it, it's harder to vacuum and as for little pebbles, it would be very hard, i switched to sand from gravel and never looked back, good luck :good:

the backgrounds are easy to fit just cut to size and use waterproof silicone but make sure its the aquarium friendly stuff just put a few blobs on it and stick it down then put some weight on it and leave it for about 48 hours to be safe.

Hi, Thank you for your replies.

Well you see I think sand looks beautiful in tanks! but ive always been warned about sand clogging up your filter systems? or does that not happen with all sand ?

And thank you for the advice with the background will keep all that in mind when i choose the one i want. Thank you!

Hi, Thank you for your replies.

Well you see I think sand looks beautiful in tanks! but ive always been warned about sand clogging up your filter systems? or does that not happen with all sand ?

And thank you for the advice with the background will keep all that in mind when i choose the one i want. Thank you!

If you thoroughly wash the sand before you put in the tank, you make sure the inlet for your filter is couple of inches above it, and you switch it off if you're doing anything that might kick the sand up a lot, like planting or rescaping, you should have no trouble with blocked or clogged filters.

SDC10180.jpg

My tank :) looking empty and bare at the moment!

hi, it looks a ok tank, personally i would go for sand it looks alot better and with the 3d backgrounds there are 2 types foam and a fibreglass resin sort the foam needs 2 be glued fibreglass resin ones dont hope that helps

Sand is the best, i have it in my 5ft tank and had it in my 2ft tank only problem i find with it if its deep sand tends to go green?

I've got sand and love it, having to wash it can be a nightmare to get it clean but the effort it all worth the look. Especially if you want some Cory's, sand is a must :)

Beautiful tank by the way, I think a light sand will be a nice contrast :)

Most reactions

Back