New tank

GentleHeart

Reaction score
I bought a new 29gallon tank
i have read all the stuff i have come across about setting up a new tank and cycling and all that.....but one thing i havn't found is....what exactly am i supposed to do with the tank BEFORE i put water in? do i need to clean it? just wipe it out with water? or is there somethign else i need to use? i still have yet to buy gravel for it....that is my next project.....havn't deicded what color i want yet
What wouldyou guys pick if you were choosing?

If its brand new, I would only rinse it with water. :)

Substrate in a matter of choice, I prefer the natural river gravel, black, or using sand. It also depends what fish you plan on adding. Some fish don't show off their bright colors when you use light colored gravel.

I'm not a fan of white or light colored gravel, it gets "dirty looking" fast. Nor am I a fan of "clown vomit". :sick:

I'd just rinse/wipe it with water, personally.

As for gravel, I prefer natural colors more than "neon" colors.

I usually go for a mix of, say, a small bag of black gravel and a large bag of a "brownish" mix. But, of course, that's just personal preference.

IMHO I prefer sand to gravel, but I would go with a colour that compliments the fish your going to get.Or as said above you can mix bags of gravel to suit your needs.

Just rinse the tank with water and don't use any detergents....Also don't forget to rinse your gravel as well.....Goodluck on your new tank.... :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back