New Tank

JenCliBee

PleC & CorY MaD
Reaction score
hi all need a little advice i have some sterbai but i was feeling generous and brought them a tank just for themselves and only them selves there wont be nothink in there at all other than these :).

heres the tank, ebay link but im not selling just showing hope thats alrite :)

Link HERE

as u can see its 57cmL x 36cmH x 30cmW thinks its about 60litres (16 usg)

i have 5 sterbai already i know this size tank will be fine for them but how many more could i add? was thinking of maybe making it 10-12 would this be ok?

tank will be having mature media in and probably still be cycled for a couple weeks first just 2 make sure (love my sterbai so better safe than sorry lol :))

will have pea gravel well i thinks thats wot its called anyways , a UGF with a 850l/h power head , and a tetratec 600 external filter ( i like over filtering lol)

air pump etc etc ......

anyways any help would be much apprieciated

jen

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have a good mix of guys and girls in the tank, and you look after it well and feed them to full satisfaction, you wont need to buy more, they will very likely make babies :) If you have lots of plants and java moss for the babies to hide in you will probably end up with a new few babies every month.

You could get another few in there no probs with a tank that size, i would personally have another 3-5 in there. However if they do breed you will need a place to offload the fry to.

You may find that they are a little scared in there all alone, my Cories used to hide all the time, until i got some mid water swimmers in there with them, obviously they felt safer with other fish around.

You could get another few in there no probs with a tank that size, i would personally have another 3-5 in there. However if they do breed you will need a place to offload the fry to.

You may find that they are a little scared in there all alone, my Cories used to hide all the time, until i got some mid water swimmers in there with them, obviously they felt safer with other fish around.

the only problem i have with putting other fish in is that i planned on trying 2 breed them in the future!!! getting rid of sterbai isnt a problem i know vrious sources 2 offload as well as here but ive herd they can be a bit stuburn breeding with other fish in the tank hence y they have there tank 2 them selves i also thought another 5 would be prbably be fine so a nice even number 10 would look really nice in there:)

jen

Most reactions

Back