New Tank...YAY

Aussie_Star

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I finally got my 180 gallon, well it started out as that, but the tank maker made it 72 X 25 X 25 = about 195 gallons, the tank is cycling from today and will be until after new years ( when i get back from hoildays). The plan it so make it a huge planted tank with dwarfs like rams, apistos, discus and chooklets bristlenose's. I am selling my 80 gallon setup to my boss so i can get some metal halides. I made the stand and the sump, just got the tank for $300 custom built (what a bargin). Im trying to find a R/O unit and a CO2 system for the larger tank? anyone know any sites that are australian or will ship to australia? :thumbs:

Attachments

• IMG_1190a.JPG
    IMG_1190a.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 25
:D here is the weir, i have to make the inlet pipe ( the smaller one bigger) to reduce the noise it makes of the water falling so far, sorry i didnt change it, just hav to turn your head :D

Attachments

• IMG_1153.JPG
    IMG_1153.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 24
here is the pipes under the tanks, the black one is the inlet, grey is the outlet from the pump, the plumbng cost me about $100 wasnt to happy

Attachments

• IMG_1154.JPG
    IMG_1154.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 40
here is one side of the sump, just used a stander 3ft tank for it, and got the bio balls and filter foam cheapo

Attachments

• IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 23
and here is the other side where the water comes into. This is thye last picture i will take some more 2morrow with water in it, thanks for veiwing, if u have anything to say please do

Attachments

• IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 30
Very nice, build looks very simliar to my tank,

Only difference being i'm using 3/4 inch pipe to make the inlets at each side. and my outlet uses 1 1/4inch piping.

ZEROSKULL it is 12mm glass and it was a ton, my brother hurt his back trying to help me carry it into my room, and i can see the trouble freshmike woulda had moving his 180

Thanxs chooko, hopefully i can win that AGA 2005 Aquascaping awards if i get all the stuff i want lol (well i can dream)

Aussie_Star said:
ZEROSKULL it is 12mm glass and it was a ton, my brother hurt his back trying to help me carry it into my room, and i can see the trouble freshmike woulda had moving his 180

Thanxs chooko, hopefully i can win that AGA 2005 Aquascaping awards if i get all the stuff i want lol (well i can dream)
Yeah, Im getting a 60 x 24 x 24 with a 12mm soon. But yours is so cheap considering a custome built.

Edit : and also yours is 6 ft.

my tanks 60x36x24. I was lucky enough to find it in the local paper for £150 with a sump, heaters and 2 large powerheads.

if your going to plants yours good luck maintaining the plants near the back!!

Yea, i saw his add in the trading post ( A huge classified newspaper) and yea he was having a xmas sale and he said $300, i was cheering. He also breeds africian cichlids, so my dad is happy casue thats what he is into.

PAUL_V_BIKER, i know aye, its gunna be hard, but first i gunna get the lights and system for it, might have to hurry up and get a apprenticeship or a better paying part time job lol

If any one around sydney or close to and you may like a tank PM for his details

Most reactions

Back