New Tank Painting The Background Help Plz

denzil1nil

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ive had a 4ft fluval tank sat in my living room waiting to be set up for about a month now i really want it looking bang tidy! first time round.
I was looking at a rainforest root and rock background but savings not easy at the mo im out of work with injury and i got 3 squids and one on the way any day now. So fish tank shouldnt be a priority and it isnt really lol.

Problem is I really wanna get it up and running asap so i might scrap the 3d idea and get some paint. The tank is gonna be planted and after looking at some pics the easiest and most effective colour seems to be black.

I would like your opinions on what colour you think is best (pics welcome) and what paint is best as i was considering using a matte black but could i use a mettalic or anything else that would add that little bit extra???

Also what is the best method for painting and prepping the tank ie. , brush, roller or spray ect??? as i want the best finish possible.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Gloss black applied with a roller, externally of course. lol. IMO.

Post above yours :blink:

Gloss with a roller is best :good:

gloss with a brush or roller doesn't matter, roller gets it done faster, the finish is the same as the glass is smooth/flat.

thanks guys ill be off to the shop for some black gloss and a roller then :)

Most reactions

Back