New Pleco

PENNYWISE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all found ths little guy today, they had him labelled as a tiger plec but i dont think that he is.
Any help to id him would be great.
Thanks Dave

Attachments

• DSC00450.JPG
    DSC00450.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 75
What a lovely fish. He has really nice markings.

He looks very like my L333.

Hard t tell off the pic - is he white or more yellow?

Hi the fish is black and white there is no signof yellow on him.
He is a very active little guy he seems to like sitting on the moss ball ball at the front of the tank in full view he isn't skitish just sits there watching us

Attachments

• DSC00448.JPG
    DSC00448.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 72
Hi leonwillow, i dont mean to argue and i thank you for help but the picture that you posted the fish seems to have a tinge of yellow in it and my fish is pure white, could this make a difference.
And if it is a l333 does it have common name
Thanks Dave

IMHO... the coulurs are too chrisp to be a 333 - the tend to be creamy white and dark brown...

How big is it as it looks like about 2" and its pattern looks like its got more developing to do...

I'd say L400.

Hi leonwillow, i dont mean to argue and i thank you for help but the picture that you posted the fish seems to have a tinge of yellow in it and my fish is pure white, could this make a difference.
And if it is a l333 does it have common name
Thanks Dave

No problem with you questioning what I said - as I said it's hard to tell off a pic. The fish in the picture I posted is pure white too - it just didn't photograph well.

The reason I asked if yours was yellowish was that at first I was thinking it was an L134.

I'm not sure what the common name is for L333.

See what some of the experts say.

I'd say L333 based on the ones I have but it could be L400

I paid £22 for him, that is how much they were charging for the tiger plecs he was the only 1 in the tank and the person serving me said that he came in by mistake and he could not give me an idea of the type. He is still sat on the moss ball in the same place just looking at us through the glass

Incidentally, my L333 (now KathyMs but supposed to be coming back I think lol) was black and white when I bought it. As far as I know, they yellow/fade as they grow :)

There's so many stripey plecs like that though I couldn't even begin to guess what L no yours are, as I'm proper poo at little plec ids lol.

Most reactions

Back