New piece of spider wood

Connershawzz

Mbuna lover
Reaction score
Just trying to find the right process. It’s from my local petsmart. The tag said to just soak in tank water till it’s waterlogged. Any thing else to it?

Attachments

• IMG_4129.jpeg
    IMG_4129.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4128.jpeg
    IMG_4128.jpeg
    730.5 KB · Views: 15
A few days after putting in the tank you MAY see a white hair like fungus appear on the wood. While, with improperly treated spider wood, it can be toxic but is harmless with properly cured/treated spider wood.

A few days after putting in the tank you MAY see a white hair like fungus appear on the wood. While, with improperly treated spider wood, it can be toxic but is harmless with properly cured/treated spider wood.
Ok thank you! Ya doing some research I didn’t mention if that. Something to do with the bacteria eating on it or something

Ok thank you! Ya doing some research I didn’t mention if that. Something to do with the bacteria eating on it or something
Ya, spider wood is normally fine but not something you would want use picking up in a local park or woods. It REALLY needs to be properly processed. Personally I love the stuff and have some in my tank but I would never use if I found in nature.

Most reactions

Back