DormantGlasses_22

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I was notified that I can post here to introduce myself.

Somewhat of a beginner in the hobby, but I've had a few tanks in the past, I do alot of research on fish that I plan on taking care of. My main interests are freshwater fishes of Asia, Southeast Asia, my favorites being Betta Channoides (pfp) and sparkling gouramis! Also big fan of biotope, natural style aquariums

This my current tank
Screenshot_2024-08-01-16-25-22-01_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

it's a 23 day old planted 10 gal, it was supposed to be a Biotope for sparklers but I got mixed up with the info about Crypt Wendtii, it's the only plant that's native to sri lanka, while the rest are south east asian so I guess that doesn't count anymore? The rest like driftwood, leaves, and roots are collected from the wild, location is the Philippines.

A little bit not "heavily planted" at the moment, still waiting for the plants to spread out. They're growing pretty well under a 10watt grow light for house plants though, lots of new growth in under three weeks.

Currently no stockings yet other than snails. I'm still looking for and learning more about what fish would do best in this tank, I decided to drop of sparkling gouramis because they're not as popular, so not a lot of stores sell them and I'm having a really difficult time finding a good source.

That's all there is to it currently, I'll be posting lots of questions after this as forums have become my second source of info by asking people who have experienced, as most websites tend to spew out inaccurate info about fish care.

Welcome to TFF. You've come to the right place for answers to any questions you have as we have several very experienced fish keepers who are more than happy to give expert advice.

Last edited:
If that tank is 31 gallons or larger, you might consider entering the tank of the month contest. Click banner at top of forum to view the entry thread. Read rules before entering.

Most reactions

Back