New Member...new Girls

sparky sixx

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm fairly new to the world of bettas, ive been toying with the idea of getting some myself since my boyfriend picked up a red VT who we fell in love with. So a couple days ago i bit the bullet and gave in to 3 gorgeous girls from my lfs. Im just getting some pics now but i kinda need help with some names and tail types if anyone can help???

i have a blue marble, a white-bodied red finned and a white-bodied yellow finned

pics will be up in 10mins

cheers

Heya welcome :)

look forward to the pics, sounds like u have a couple of cambo girlies :)

:hi: to the forum.....sounds like you've got yourself some lovely girls. Can't wait to see some pics of them :good:

Ok so here's my girlies

i was a bit woriied as i had read that they would have to establish a pecking order and i was expecting a bit of aggression but they seem really calm, sleeping together and everything! and they have totally different personalities,

Red is so feisty and has proper attitude, she was trying to attack the camera everytime i put it near the tank and sticks her little (non-exsistant) nose in everyone else's bussiness!!

DSCF1510__Small_.jpg

Yellow absolutely HATES the camera...will not let me take a nice piccie of her, swam to the other side of the tank whenever the camera came close! She seems a bit baby-like, she like to be touching the other girls if she can or be as close as possible!!

DSCF1502__Small_.jpg

Blue is just a dopey hippy fish, so laid back and happy to come say hi when i go near the tank!

(obviously these are just temporary names til i can figure some out!!)

DSCF1501__Small_.jpg

DSCF1493__Small_.jpg

So what do you guys think for names, and also any suggestions for tail types?

1st 2 girlies look like SD Cambos

3rd may be a vt?

lovely btw xx

Absolutely gorgeous girls :wub: you're very lucky to find such great colouring :good:

Thanks guys!! i was originally looking to get a male to put in this tank but then when i got to the shop they had a tank full of girls and i just fell in love!!........looks like ill just HAVE to get another tank now to get that male i wanted :lol:

lovely fish. yellow cambodian is fairly new and still an unusual find. i picked up a yellow cambo female yesterday, but her colour is not as intense as yours.

keep an eye on red,, "she" looks suspiciously male to me. she looks like she could be a plakat (shortfinned) male.

the marble is simply gawjus!!! i love marbles. i used to have a marble VT just like yours and she was awsome!!

Yeah i kinda assumed they were all VT as they are just pet-shop babies but i don't really know how to tell so thought i'd ask!!

ANYWAYS........they have names!!

After 4 days of being just colours all three names came to me within like a minute last night, so we have:

Lemonjelly... (or lemonbelly, lemonhead, lemonbaby....i can see me using many lemon names for her!!)
DSCF1543__Small_.jpg

Sunday (because she is just so damn laid back)
DSCF1556__Small_.jpg

Sparky (i know its my username but still just suits her to the ground!!)
DSCF1552__Small_.jpg

ahh love them sooo much!

Most reactions

Back