New Male Fighter

Hunterprey

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well I didnt think I'll get a male fighter again so soon, I had 4 tanks running before and thought to just downgrade to just one big tank. Then thought I take a quick peek @ some Male Bettas @ my LFS. This lovely fish just staring right @ me wagging his tail :lol: resistance was futile, I had to take the Betta home.

He has a 5 gallon tank now all to himself. Didnt take long to adjust to his new environment, already very interactive and begging for food :lol: Now I have 3 tanks running, 6ft tank, Betta tank and a growout tank for my delhezi -_- theyre all flat black bare bottom tho so maintenance is easy :good:

Oh well, I think he's a halfmoon. But what type of Betta exactly is he? Thanx!

ZHMBetta.jpg

ZHMBetta1.jpg

ZHMBetta4.jpg

Thanx mate! He's beautiful on top of that he's very interactive too. Lesson learned, stay away from the Bettas area @ my LFS :lol: Any idea what type he is exactly? Thanks

lol may need more tanks otherwise ;).cant get over how nice he is, yeah hes a halfmoon i think mate. :)

I don't know what type he is exactly but a Black orchid HM male is what I think it is but I am not 100% sure
Ps amazing find he is beautiful

@Malawi
Thanks Im afraid of going back to Multiple Tank Syndrome. I went to my LFS looking for a Cichlid for my other tank, end up with a Male betta. How does that happen?? :lol:

@Fishy Friend
Good Call :good: I forgot about the Black Orchids, thats the closest one. Thanks, he's a lovely fish. I'll let him live there as king in his own 5 gallon tank :lol: Might add some tankmates later when I move him to a bigger tank. Right now he's happy by himself, exploring his tank.

@Malawi
Thanks Im afraid of going back to Multiple Tank Syndrome. I went to my LFS looking for a Cichlid for my other tank, end up with a Male betta. How does that happen?? :lol:

Good question :lol: but how could you not get him he's amazing. Just think though everytime you go to your LFS for cichlids/other spcies your eyes are going to wonder to the betta's again :hyper: lol

Thanks for all the nice comments!

My Bettas head is black, his half lower body black, half upper body blue. rays in the dorsal fin are blue, rays on the caudal and anal fins white n purple. He has those colours in person, just my camera isnt the best :lol: Thanks for letting me know about the rosetail part, been trying to figure out what those tail types are called again. I love Rosetails :good:

Here's another picture. Thanks

ZHMBetta5.jpg

Thanks SteveGT yeah he got me back into keeping a Male Betta :lol: Lovely little fella. I'll try to post a video later

what an absolutely stunning liitle man. i'd agree a black copper rosetail.........****hangs tongue out***** :wub:

Most reactions

Back