New here!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

allison2004

Reaction score
Hi. I’ve had my black moore for a little over two years and a second goldfish for about 7 months. I’m really just here to get some more information so I can take as best care possible for them. They were both given to me as gifts. I have a 35 gallon take and I would like to know the correct size I should get? It is a decent sized tank but I would prefer something larger but I’m not sure what to get. I’m just here to learn more about fish and how to give them the best life possible!

Last edited:
Welcome, I'm sure someone will come along soon to answer your questions!

Welcome to TFF :hi:.
You may not receive many responses on Black Moor as many members on this forum seem to keep other fish. I only kept goldfish once as a kid, and it was so long ago that I can’t remember the size of my tank, but it couldn't be a large tank.
As to the question of what size tank you should get, I’d say as large as you have room for it. A 35G isn’t bad now for the 2 fish, but I believe they can grow quite large.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I kept black moore goldfish a while back, so have some experience.
I will say that they are very messy, and grow to be a decent size.
What kind of goldfish is the other fish? Is it also a black moore?
If you are unsure the type of goldfish the other is, you can just post a picture and I, or someone else, can identify it for you.
Filters are really important for goldfish care. I would recommend a canister, as these process waste the fastest and keep the water clean and stabilized.
Edit - the tank size really depends on what kind of goldfish the other fish is.

Welcome aboard... :hi:
Well, the bigger the better, of course... But it's also matter of how much space can you spend on a fishtank?
There are enough members overhere who can help you out with your black moore issues.

Most reactions

Back