New Guy Here. Per Request I Have Some Of My Tanks Pictured.

Blown 346

Reaction score
A little about myself. I have had aquariums since 1988. I started off with a freshwater tank that my mom had, and gradually over time went to saltwater. Stayed there for quite a few years and then went to a reef tank. Then I switched back just last December to try my hand at planted tanks.

Here they are. Any questions are welcome.

90 gallon reef, setup for 8 years. 2 250 watt halide canopy with 2 110 Watt VHO's.

DSCN1060.jpg

Home made filtration with built in Fuge and stand.

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1058.jpg

Here's my 125 FOWLR tank, was waiting on the cycle.

DSCN0887.jpg

I then had one of my ballast go out on my 90 and since I lost my job and couldnt replace it, I went Fresh with it. I sold off all the corals and fish, and used that for my transformation. The rock was all free. I soent $30 on the red flint gravel.

Stages of the 90 gallon from reef to freshwater.
Right after I cleaned it out.
DSCN1343.jpg

Put some fake plants in so it didnt look so empty as I waited for my real ones. This pis I still had the halides up.
DSCN1352.jpg

The final result after The halides were removed and the real plants planted, the tank cycled and fish added.

DSCN1515.jpg

My first High tech planted tank. 30 Hex.

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1251.jpg

My 125 in the stages of planting.

DSCN1187.jpg

Thanks for the compliments.

Since i have only had planted tanks since december, I still have to learn alot. I guess I got lucky with my tanks, but then I only have easiest plants to care for also. Out of some of the planted tanks I have seen, Maybe one day I can have one like that.

Most reactions

Back