new fry

navigator

Reaction score
Hi folks I have just looked into my tank and found that I have got 6 new additions of black mollies. now being new to this and not even realising that I had both a male and a female what do I feed these on. Is there food for fry or do they just eat normal fish flakes, please help dont have a clue
many thanx

First of all, Congratulations on the fry!

Do you have them in a breeder net, or just in the tank?

Hikari First Bites are good for fry in the first few weeks. Then you can move on to very finely crushed flakes. I fed mine freeze-dried bloodworm, and Brine Shrimp too. They seem to like it a lot....but basically, after a few weeks, just what you feed the other fish, but crushed up very small.

Good luck with them! :thumbs:

feed the fry on Liquifry No 2 for livebearers! feed this for about a fortnight. The fry will have to be put into a seperate tank or put into a breeding net!, feed them the liquifry in the new tank or breeders net, and after a fortnight, you should start feeding them a mixed diet of crushed flakes and baby brine shrimp! the BBS make the little fry grow like crazy and you can feed them on the BBS and crushed flake food until they are big enough to eat flake food! :) ;):p

Most reactions

Back