New Fish Added Blue Ram's + Bumblebee Goby's

blueline-uk

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for the blurry photo's!

This is Ramsey
Ramsey_2.JPG
Ramsey with Bumblebee in the Pineapple house [on the wall]
ram.JPG
Rambo
rambo.JPG
Ramsey
ram1.JPG
Ramsey
Ramsey.JPG
Rambo + Ramsey
ramsx2.JPG
Bumblebee
Bumble.JPG
Bumblebee and Spot
Bumblex2.JPG
Bumblebee
Bumbleb__.JPG

is ramsey a girls name? coz i beleive you have 2 males there, which would explain the terratory issues.

and to get abit clearer photos, try using the macro option on your camera

I thought Bumblebee Gobys were brackish fish...........certainly not water compatible with Blue Rams.

I thought Bumblebee Gobys were brackish fish...........certainly not water compatible with Blue Rams.

No, BB's are one of the few fish that survive in either conditions, its obviously a non brackish tank and they eat whatever falls to the bottom of the tank and moves near them!!! :good: It seems a lot of myths are surrounding bumblebee gobies about how difficult they are to keep in non brackish conditions and that they are picky eaters. Well I can tell you that they are not! Great fish, one of which is very very active in open water and loves to swim up to the top then bottom of the tank constantly and very fast :rolleyes:

The males fighting will only get worse. I suggest switching one of the males with a female.
I think you might be right on this one! :blush:

just what I thought??

nice rams

just what I thought??

nice rams
The Brachygobius xanthozona has perfect unbroken black stripes and is best suited for brackish, but will tolerate fresh water much better than the Brachygobius nunus which has less well banded stripes, and occasionally black spots or broken stripes. It is not very tolerant of a fresh water environment. Technically its common name is the Golden Banded Goby, although I have not once seen these two species clearly distinguished when on sale in fish stores. They were for sale as freshwater BBG's in a lfs that also stocked brackish varieties :good:

I always thought they were better suited to brackish too :) maybe its one of these "they can survive in fw but live longer in brackish" situations.

LMAO!
i love how you have your tank set up!
that's so cool , lol.
ARGH ! im jealous now.
hehe.
thanks for sharing :D

Most reactions

Back