New filter with existing hob

PorshaF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm doing some upgrading on one of my hob filter, just going up a size (at time of purchase I bought one exact size of tank because I didn't know haha) I'll add the new one and keep the existing filter going which is well cycled. Will this cause any changes I should worry about? Should I expect any spikes or cycle to monitor? I plan to remove the original hob after 2 months of running, in hope it will be established by then. Is that appropriate for time?

Wait, so are you going to remove the smaller HOB, keep the internal filter, and add the bigger HOB?

No I was wondering if I can just plug them both in for an extended time to help speed the new media in the bigger hob. the existing smaller one only has a carbon cartridge and sponge in the back so I don't want to use its contents again after i switch to.the larger one
I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, or if I'm over thinking my question and maybe its irrelevant haha I might need to sleep more ?

No I was wondering if I can just plug them both in for an extended time to help speed the new media in the bigger hob. the existing smaller one only has a carbon cartridge and sponge in the back so I don't want to use its contents again after i switch to.the larger one
I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, or if I'm over thinking my question and maybe its irrelevant haha I might need to sleep more ?
This is just anecdotal, but I have done exactly what you are talking about with a 10 gallon, a 30 gallon, and a 75 gallon. I had no problems.

Most reactions

Back