New Face Lift And Planted Some Live Plants

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stacey3272

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok well now is the waiting game. I spent the day redoing fish tank. I hope I did this right.
So i did a layer of flourite and sand cap. Attached my fern to drift wood.  I guess all I can do is wait and see if they live. I do have root tab. do you need them with having the flourite on bottom.  Does it hurt to add to give it a boost being newly planted? Just need another piece of drift wood with maybe some java moss on it. I think its a good start. Hope to add fish in a week after I know all is going well.  Merry Christmas to me :) Thanks to all those that have helped me in the past week and advice you have given me.  I will keep you all update if this tank takes off.

ps I am liking the black background

Attachments

• IMG_9127.JPG
    IMG_9127.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9128.JPG
    IMG_9128.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 63
I like! Can you post the before picture as welll? It is always good to add root tabs, especially for those swords you have. The other, they'd prefer trace elements fertilizers :)

l_l_l said:
I like! Can you post the before picture as welll? It is always good to add root tabs, especially for those swords you have. The other, they'd prefer trace elements fertilizers
smile.png
 is trace elements fertilizers 
smile.png
 a brand or a certain kind of fert... How do yu know what kind of fert to use. I might add a java moss or anubis  on drift wood  but not much more intil I know i can grow the plants. I really do not want to deal with co2

l_l_l said:
anubias and java moss will do great without any high tech stuff
smile.png

I personally use seachem flourish but I'm sure you can use other alternatives..
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Flourish.html

You don't need a lot tho since you don't have a lot of plants
tongue2.gif
thanks I want a nice simple clean looking tank with my splash of green from the plants. hoping to pick up some angles next week after Christmas

Most reactions

Back