New Device For Prevention Of Algie

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i thinks its easy if dont want algea on ur screen get plec to suk it should go or get some crab looking fish i think there called anome fish

I reckon fish tanks should have windscreen wipers that clean algae off the glass.

i thinks its easy if dont want algea on ur screen get plec to suk it should go or get some crab looking fish i think there called anome fish
I wouldn't rely on a fish to 'solve' algae problems. Some fish/snails/shrimp may well seem like the answer to your prayers but actually be more trouble then they're worth due to incompatibilities with current stocking or tank style.

Algae is usually caused by an imbalance in the nitrates/lighting/co2. It's better to solve the root cause than try to treat the symptoms.

What plants have you got in your tank. How long do you have the lights on per day and what wattage are they? What's your nitrate level before and after your regular water change?

Also what type/size tank/filter have you got and what are fish are in there currently? What's your maintenance routine (water changes etc.)

From what Ive read about barley straw, when it breaks down it has to react with sunlight in order to give off the algaecides. If you just put it in the filter or such like it breaks down but doesn't produce any algaecides. Which is why it works in ponds but not in aquariums. Something to do with UV light or something.

So in a word, doubt this would work.

Sam

Most reactions

Back