New Couple

Amerce

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I can now proudly show my pure white Betta's courtesy of Bettaman (Kevin), they share their own 3 gallon tank with a divider which allows water to filter both sides of the tank but with a viewing window so that they can get used to each other.

The male is absolutely gorgeous as for the female she is a little bit more pushy but hopefully I may have a very nice spawn when I feel confident enough to get them together.

My only problem is will I ever know if she is in the "mood" ?

:wub:
HMfemale.jpg

HMDTmale2.jpg

Awesome looking bettas. :drool: Yes you can tell if she bars up with bars going up and down on her body and if the male blows a huge bubble nest and displays for her and you condition them before spawning.

Awesome looking bettas. :drool: Yes you can tell if she bars up with bars going up and down on her body and if the male blows a huge bubble nest and displays for her and you condition them before spawning.

You can't exactly see the bars on light bettas, never lone a pure white one. When you see her egg sack (ovipositor) and her beginning to fill with eggs, then she's ready, I believe, you might want to wait for a more sure answer though.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought that maybe with light colored female bettas that the bars would be a darker color so you could see it.

I remember Synirr saying somthing about the lady egging up and lowering her head to him--then when the breeder is ready.

Yep even though I loved the colour and shape of these two I knew I'd have problem with the female cause she even has light coloured eyes, so barring up is not going to happen, I will just have to check to see if she starts to get chubby with eggs and her general attitude.

But they have a window in the tank so they can see each other so hopefully once they get used to having so much space and get used to each other I may be able to get them to start liking each other. And then the next step ....... :wub:

Er... the ovipositor isn't going to fill with eggs, the tummy will. The ovipositor is just where the eggs come out, though it may become more prominent if she is in the mood. Basically, when she's plump and showing interest in the male, that's it :thumbs:. If she goes head down for him she's REALLY ready, as this is a sign of submission.

They're both gooorgeous :wub:

Good choice for the couple. Nice pics too. The bettas look like they are about the same size for each other, thats good news.
~Caroline~ :D

Good choice for the couple. Nice pics too. The bettas look like they are about the same size for each other, thats good news.
~Caroline~ :D
Actually the female is a little bit bigger, but maybe if I feed him up a little he can develop some muscles when she starts to show willing.
:hey:

Most reactions

Back