New Cleaner Wrasse

ozzy47

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
wew just got a new fish for our reef tank, it is a cleaner wrasse and it seems to have taken a liking to my wife, when ever she puts her hand in the tank it will rub against her arm and even swim over and sit in her hand, it is really cool to watch

i have told my wife she must even be a stunner to the fish or a dirty git that he cleaner wrasse feels he needs to clean lol :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Picture_0090.jpg
    Picture_0090.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture_011.jpg
    Picture_011.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 30
wew just got a new fish for our reef tank, it is a cleaner wrasse and it seems to have taken a liking to my wife, when ever she puts her hand in the tank it will rub against her arm and even swim over and sit in her hand, it is really cool to watch

i have told my wife she must even be a stunner to the fish or a dirty git that he cleaner wrasse feels he needs to clean lol :rolleyes:
That is soo sweet :)

Lovely fish, it's a real shame that the collection of them almost always results in the death of the fish from starvation within 6 months (if it even makes it to the wholesaler) and it leaves quite a hole in the eco-system they are removed from.

Truly a fish that is best left in the ocean...

i guess andy that starvation is a possibility without enough fish in the tank but this fella certainly likes his flake food along with the frozen food i give the fish and he certainly seems happy enough.

If I had a penny for every time I have read that from someone who has bought a cleaner wrasse and has come back bemoaning their death within 6 months I would have my shark tank. There are very few success stories out there, even those that seem to be taking flake food. And as to enough fish, do you really think in one tank you can provide the level of pathogens that the cleaner wrasse would feed on in the wild without causing huge stress to the other occupants?

I can only link to Bob Fenner's Wet Web Media in the hope that others will read it and think twice before purchasing this fish.

Most reactions

Back