New betta not eating.

nik_n

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello

I got a new betta a few days ago and he hasn't been eating since. I have tried feeding him natural flaked food by sera (12% shrimp) and some frozen blood worms. I haven't seen him eating any of the food I have been offering. I know that some new fish don't eat the first few days but I never had this problem before. The temperature of the tank is 27 °C, Nitrits, Nitrates and Ammonia are all 0 or close to 0. He seems to be healthy, sometimes swimming/hiding/resting. He is blowing bubbles and is interested in this reflection. He did poop yesterday so he might have just been full from when they feed him in the shop.

I heard that you can get the fish to eat. Do any of you know how?

thanks

Do you have a cover on your tank. It is important that the air temperature is the same as the tank temperature.

Try a good quality, floating pellet. I've had this issue with a new betta once before. I had to crush the pellet slightly and after a couple days of crushed pellet, he started to eat them whole. Your fish is probably slightly stressed. Make sure there are plenty of hiding spots and a background on the tank, keep the lights off and slowly introduce them when the fish feels more comfortable.

Most reactions

Back