New Baby Dwarf Plecs

jcbarton

Reaction score
Hi,

Last night we found 2 new baby plecs in our tank. The parents are 2 dwarf plecs - different species I think as they look quite different to each other!

It was very unexpected - and I've just had an email here at work to say that they can now see 8 babies!

Each is about 0.5 inches long.

What advice can you give? They share the tank with 2 silver dollars, 2 clown loaches and some sort of catfish.... They dont seem to be bothered by the other fish so we're assuming they are not going to get eaten.

What diet will baby plecs want? and when they get bigger, where is the best place to try to find them new homes - as I don't think we have room for them all!

I'll try to get photos of parents + young tonight, hopefully someone can then help to identify the type of plecs we have..

Thanks in advance

John

Hi,

Last night we found 2 new baby plecs in our tank. The parents are 2 dwarf plecs - different species I think as they look quite different to each other!

It was very unexpected - and I've just had an email here at work to say that they can now see 8 babies!

Each is about 0.5 inches long.

What advice can you give? They share the tank with 2 silver dollars, 2 clown loaches and some sort of catfish.... They dont seem to be bothered by the other fish so we're assuming they are not going to get eaten.

What diet will baby plecs want? and when they get bigger, where is the best place to try to find them new homes - as I don't think we have room for them all!

I'll try to get photos of parents + young tonight, hopefully someone can then help to identify the type of plecs we have..

Thanks in advance

John

what kind of plecs are they???

[/quote]
what kind of plecs are they???
[/quote]

Not sure - apart from being dwarf ones. Will get photos tonight and post them.

Cheers

John

there such plec that ive ever heard as called a dwarf plec? :crazy:

definately need photos before can look to see what it is first?

Well i guess no dwarf pleco. I hope u can get a pic it will be better and more helpful.

Most reactions

Back