New Aquarium

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Feesh!

Reaction score
Hi, new to fish keeping, I have a 16 gallon tank with 1 pleco, 2 white clouds, 3 Black tetra and a Honey Gourami. I am three weeks into cycling- going well.
I was wondering, having been reading about gouramis the behaviour of mine (male) seems strange. I have read that they are shy fish and like to hide in plants. I have plent of hiding places in my tank and yet the gourami seems more than happy swimming up and down the sides of the tank, almost continuously!! Is this normal? Other than that he seems curious, almost nosy and happy to swim to my hand when doing water changes etc!

seems like you must have a happy gourami that is friendl with his tank mates and likes to root about your tank

John

Honeys are great little fisn :thumbs: I was advised to keep atleast two for company. They move around great with each other. They kinda rule the tank but not in an aggresive way. They are bigger than my guppies and BNT so they all move out of the way when tthe honeys are coming thru :flex: Good luck with them.

Most reactions

Back